Upcoming OBW Construction
Week of October 22, 2018
Brothers Market on Broadway
- Iron workers will continue decking and installing steel for the future grocery store into November.
- A large crane will be set up on Broadway to unload and erect steel for the upper floors starting on Friday, October 19th. A police detail will be in place.
Lobby and Elevator
- Elevator 4 continues to be out of service for modernization and inspection.
Building Construction Site (former Surface Parking Lot)
- Drilling will continue in the core section for the new building foundation at 165 Main Street. The surface mini piles are in place.
- Emergency egress from Stair 3 is through the garage, where the garage doors will automatically open in the event of an emergency. Please follow signage.
Third and Broad Canal streets
- New curb and sidewalk work will take place at the corner of Broad Canal and Third during the week of October 22nd.
- Crews continue to relocate a gas line on the northern side of the building near Broad Canal Street.
- Installation and tie-in of a sewer manhole will take place this week.
Roof and Stairwell Work
- Removal of fireproofing, relocation of MEP’s (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing), and additional demolition for beam access in BookBub will continue into early next week.
- Steel installation for the next week will take place mid-to-late next week.
- Installation of stair wall near Brothers loading dock area will be underway the week of October 22nd.
- Framing and shoring is underway.
- Plumbing, HVAC and electrical work are ongoing.
- Elevator shaft work for Brothers will take place this week.
- Cutting of the first floor slab for Brothers shaft will take place this week.
Retail Space on First Floor Corner of Third Street and Broadway
- The new retail tenant will be taking over the space this fall.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and patience!