Upcoming OBW Construction
Week of September 24, 2018
- A large crane will be on site Monday, October 1st for steel installation for the future grocery store. Trucks will deliver the steel on that Monday, and crews begin erecting steel on Tuesday, October 2nd.
- Preparation for steel installation will take place on Friday, September 21st with coring in the concrete columns. Steel embeds will be placed on Saturdays, September 22nd and 29th.
- Form work and rebar installation for the expanded columns in the former 4th floor garage area will take place the week of September 24th in preparation for placing concrete Friday, September 28th.
Lobby and Elevator
- Lobby punch list work continues with Stairwell 2 painting in the early mornings the week of September 24th.
- Elevator 4 continues to be out of service for modernization.
Building Construction Site (former Surface Parking Lot)
- Drilling will continue in the core section for the new building foundation at 165 Main Street. The surface mini piles are in place.
- With the parking lot now part of an active construction area, the ground level exit from Stair 3 is closed.
- Emergency egress from Stair 3 is through the garage, where the garage doors will automatically open in the event of an emergency.
- Framing and shoring is underway.
- Plumbing, HVAC and electrical work is ongoing.
Broadway & Third Street Sidewalks
- A section of sidewalk is closed between the garage and Dunkin Donuts as inspectors review the repairs, and crews restore the sidewalk.
- Caution: Construction will be underway. Therefore, the stairway egress to Third Street is closed to the public and should not be used, except for emergency egress.
- Additional sidewalk repair is expected in front of the main entrance in the upcoming weeks.
Retail Space on First Floor Corner of Third Street and Broadway
- The new retail tenant will be taking over the space this fall.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and patience!